Seven Kings is a district of Ilford in Greater London.
Seven Kings enjoys excellent transport links with access into London (Liverpool Street) by mainline rail from Seven Kings station and Central line underground access from nearby Newbury Park.
Historically, the earliest recorded use of the name Seven Kings is as Sevekyngg or Sevekyngges in 1285, meaning “settlement of the family or followers of a man called Seofoca”.
Seven Kings was part of the ancient parish of Ilford in the Becontree Hundred of the county of Essex, which formed from 1894 the Ilford Urban District (later municipal borough). Seven Kings is situated next to the ancient Roman road between London and Colchester and was rapidly developed during the 19th century following construction of the Great Eastern Main Line railway.
In 1965 the Ilford parish and municipal borough were abolished by the London Government Act 1963, and the area of Essex including Seven Kings has since formed part of Greater London.
The area is well served by both private and public schooling for all ages.
Seven Kings Park is a large open space containing sports facilities such as tennis courts, a sports ground, and a bandstand. Westwood Park is a smaller open space and playground in Meads Lane. It also borders the districts of Ilford and Goodmayes.
The area has a wide range of property types available for sale and rent ranging from studio and one bedroom apartments up to large detached family houses.